Saturday, May 12, 2012

Low carb flu, redux

relaxing on my desk...again I already had a bout of the low carb flu when I first started nearly a month ago. But now that we're back from our vacation and I've recommitted to Paleo, it's on again. I am soooooo tired in the early afternoon and I have a hard time focusing and thinking. My sister and I took my son on a picnic at the park and I almost put my head down and dozed off on the picnic table. Getting through this sucks, but at least I have K-Cups on my side. I know from the last time that a cup of coffee will put me right, and I won't need it once I get back into the swing of things. I know not everyone thinks much of caffeine, but coffee is my dark mistress and I don't see us breaking up anytime soon. It's a dramatic improvement from this time last year, when I drank 2 cups in the morning, 2 or 3 cans of Cherry Coke during the day and sweet tea at least a few times a week.


You know what's motivating? Losing some baby weight!

As I've said before, if your baby is 2 1/2, I don't know if it can still be called baby weight. But just for the sake of argument, let's say it is. Either way, I am down under 160 lbs. for the first time in at least 3 years. I was 5'4" and 155 lbs. before I got pregnant, and the only food I could keep down in my first trimester was banana fudge milkshakes from Cook Out. So...yeah. And then after he was born, I had a pretty serious case of PPD and had to be on Zoloft for about 9 months. I might fluctuate a little here and there, but the scale never dipped below 164. So now I've lost 5 pounds! In less than a month! Including a vacation with free pina coladas! Hooray!

Image via HouseObsession/flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment