Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First world problems and temptation

I was going to write a nice post tonight about how I love how much weight I've already lost and how great I feel and how much energy I have now. All of that is true, but this afternoon went to hell in a handbasket and I had my first real desire to quit.

Between the Terrible Twos, a surprise dirty diaper at the bookstore that required a trip home, an hour in the sixth circle of Hell (better known as a kid's hair salon), a trip to the store where I came home empty-handed, rush hour traffic and finding my not-quite-right next door neighbor had mowed 1/3rd of my front lawn, I was done. I was ready to call up Papa John's and have a nice greasy pizza and some ice cream, too.

Luckily, my husband came home a few minutes later. He took the ground beef I'd thawed out and made some yummy hamburger patties, sauteed the spinach in the grease, and nuked a sweet potato for us to share. Crisis averted. I feel better now.

I was waiting for this to happen, and now I have to figure out some fallback measures for when I'm tired, cranky and stressed out. I have seen some Paleo freezer menus on Saving Dinner that look appealing, but I don't have the money to shell out for the download right now. It might be worth it if it helps keep me from running screaming into a Cici's Pizza and falling face-first into the cheese danish dessert pizza the next time I have a crappy afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment